Table of Contents
- Best Wood Fired Pizza Oven Reviews
- 1. Ooni 3 Stainless Steel Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- 1. Chicago Brick Oven CBO-500 Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- 2. Cuore Ovens Wood-Fired Oven
- Best Wood Fired Pizza Oven Outdoor Buying Guide
Do you know what’s more satisfying than eating authentic pizzas with the taste of wood fire? It’s when you can cook a real Italian pizza! But it’s not easy, now, is it? Besides being a good chef with magical hands and the superpower to create an unforgettable flavor by mixing herbs, cheeses, and the delicious local produce, you need one other thing – the best outdoor wood-fired pizza oven!
There are plenty of wood-fired ovens available in the market. They excel at bringing you the purest taste of Italy. That’s because they infuse a smoky flavor to a freshly-baked pizza and transform even the simplest one into a gourmet dish. But, which is the best wood-fired pizza oven outdoor kitchens should house? Here’s a list of our favorite wood-fired pizza ovens for outdoor cooking.
Best Wood Fired Pizza Oven Reviews
Whether you like to cook for your friends and family for Sunday al fresco brunches or to start your very own little pizzeria with open seating – an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven is a must. While many cooks use regular ovens, they just can’t add the same oomph that a dedicated pizza oven does.
What many people do not know is that a good pizza oven can do a lot more than churning out delicious pizzas. It can roast, grill, bake, and create more culinary magic – right in your backyard, porch, or rooftop. But which is the best wood-fired pizza oven outdoor kitchens should have? Here’s our list!
1. Ooni 3 Stainless Steel Wood Fired Pizza Oven
So when you want to enjoy baking Pizza out in your garden or backyard or also on your porch then the best one you can look for is the one from Ooni. This is the one that runs on firewood. This oven is perfect for outdoor use as it does not need electricity and runs on firewood. This one has a square-shaped base that is supported by three metal stands. To hold it there is a wooden holder on the front side to ensure you do not burn your hand when opening the lid. There is is a chimney provided that lets out the smoke and the excess heat.
The brand boasts of the product to be an award-winning one which is the wood-fired pizza oven. If you look at it, it is the most innovative design for the purpose. Once preheated it takes only around 60 seconds to bake the pizza. Once put to heat it can go up to 500-degree celsius in just about 10 minutes. It is designed to give the best heat possible. The oven runs on energy-efficient hardwood pallets.
This is designed to be as efficient as possible in many ways. Firstly, it is very easy to carry as it is light weighted. Next, it runs on wood pallets which is compact wood as they are small and evenly sized taking less space for storage. It is not too big and clumsy. You can carry it to a park, beach and also while traveling. You can use it during camping also. Not just Pizza you can also try roasting fish, vegetables, and many more food items.
Things We Liked
- Wood pellet makes it easy to light the fire
- Portable and compact
Things We Didn’t Like
- Too many wooden pellets used to cook the pizza
- Difficult to use when it is windy
1. Chicago Brick Oven CBO-500 Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for a wood-fired oven to your outdoor eatery, Chicago Brick is a reliable name to bank on. Its CBO-500 is one of the finest products by this brand for pro use. It comes fully assembled, and you don’t have to waste time installing it. You can also use it for cooking and baking other culinary delights.
This countertop oven also boasts of using heat more efficiently compared to other pizza ovens in this range. It’s designed with a low dome and traditional flue system and is built with stainless steel for better heat retention. This wood-fired oven will last you a lifetime without too much maintenance.
What We Love:
- Options for grilling, and cooking in every way that a conventional oven does
- Low dome and flue design to keep the heat locked inside for quick temperature rise
- Durable and sturdy steel oven with refractory design to handle extreme climates
- Comes with a pizza peel, cleaning brush, and infrared thermometer
- Available in two colors – silver and copper – with a sophisticated finish
2. Cuore Ovens Wood-Fired Oven
Are you looking for a pizza oven that can not only infuse the authentic taste of wood fire but has a traditional look? The Cuore Ovens New Model 1000 is an excellent choice. It’s a DIY kit with fire bricks and has a fiber insulation. You can complete the installation and customize the final look of the oven.
It delivers you delicious wood-fired pizza that tastes delicious because of the flavor that only a wood-fired oven can add to a dish. Besides, it can become an accent piece in any kitchen where you put it. It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor kitchens and impresses guests with the old-world charm.
What We Love:
- Perfect for private kitchens, as well as winery, pizzeria, etc.
- Rustic and old-world look that can be customized according to your choice
- DIY modular oven that comes with step-by-step instructions for assembly
- Refractory prefabricated components with thermal insulation
- Generates high temperature and retains heat for quick cooking
3. Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven
If a good chef and best ingredients are necessary for authentic pizzas, so is a good wood-fired oven. And, the Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven brings the authenticity of Italy to your backyard! It’s a small and light oven that can become the centrepiece in your garden, patio, balcony, or any outdoor cooking space.
Besides wood, this unique multi-fueled oven can also use charcoal and gas for cooking. So, you can invest all your attention to cooking delicious pizza and serve the best to your guests. It’s portable, and a must-have at camping trips. It’s perfect for a newbie who is exploring the world of wood-fired ovens.
What We Love:
- Sturdy and durable body that’s perfect for outdoor settings
- Small in size without compromising on the oven floor area
- Quick heating and long-term heat retention for high-temperature cooking
- Designed to use multiple types of fuels like gas and charcoal, besides wood
- Comes with pellet and charcoal tray, cordierite stone, and wood pellet and chip scoop
4. BBQSTAR Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven, Stainless Steel Portable Tabletop Wood Pellet Pizza Oven with 11-inch Pizza Stone
Traditional pizza infused with the charred aroma of wood fire – made at home in the blink of an eye? That’s a dream that the BBQSTAR outdoor wood fired pizza oven can bring to life. This outdoor oven heats up in just about 10-20 minutes – which means that the pizza will be ready in a couple of minutes!
This multi-fueled oven is a revolutionary cooking device that uses both charcoal and gas. It’s engineered innovatively to achieve high temperatures quickly. So, it delivers more number of stone-baked pizzas in a short time. It’s lightweight and small, and you can carry the oven to any camping trip, picnic or party.
What We Love:
- Designed to reach double the temperature level of standard ovens
- Fired by hardwood pellets as well as charcoal for different cooking methods
- Light, portable design for your own kitchen as well as trips and parties
- Capable of churning out more pizzas in a small amount of time
- Built-in thermometer to keep track of the temperature and cooking
5. Hayes 12″ Outdoor Pizza Oven Wood/Charcoal/Flavored Pellets Pizza Maker Stainless Steel | Fish, Steaks, Chicken, Burgers, Vegetables
If you want a pizza oven to jazz up your al-fresco arrangement, the Hayes Pizza Oven by Gyber is a great choice for you. It’s a countertop multi-fueled pizza oven that stirs up stunning pizza – besides cooking steaks and burgers! It comes with necessary accessories and uses both wood and charcoal for cooking!
The oven demands minimum assembly and you can do it easily. It’s a combo of world-class technology and design to give you traditional Italian cooking. It’s compact, and it rapidly reaches high flame. Thus, it uses less space wherever you decide to put it. It’s stainless steel body is durable and has a sleek look.
What We Love:
- Multi-purpose pizza oven to perform all kinds of cooking besides baking pizzas
- Rapid heating and superior heat retention due to specially-shaped dome
- Lightweight and compact for easy installation and transportation
- Efficient air circulation for top and bottom heating to give better taste
- Large cooking space to bake 12-inch pizza and unlimited meat and veggies
All the above pizza ovens present some fabulous features. Using the best of modern design and technology, they bring you the most genuine taste of Italian pizzas. If you’re planning to start practicing your pizza skills, these ovens will help hone your skills. Who knows? You might start your very own pizzeria soon!
Best Wood Fired Pizza Oven Outdoor Buying Guide
Now you are armed with the best outdoor wood-fired pizza oven reviews for your outdoor kitchen. So, it’s time for you to understand what features you should consider while buying a new wood-fired pizza oven in an outdoor arrangement. The factors to weigh are:
- Construction and material
- Fuel other than wood
Consider your own goals and provisions, as well, such as:
- Space available: Where are you planning on placing the oven? Think of how much of a space constriction do you have.
- Number of pizzas: How fast the pizza oven gets heated can affect the number of pizzas it makes within a given time.
- Purpose: Consider if you’ll use the oven besides pizza-making, like grilling and roasting, if you are planning to take it on trips, etc.
- Personal or commercial use: An all-purpose oven fits your home. But an eatery will need a faster and more specialized oven.
- Budget: Consider your budget and look for the best combo of features within that range. Don’t forget to look for discounts.
Once you are able to match the best features to look for with your own targets and limitations, it will be easier for you to pick the best outdoor wood-fired pizza oven for yourself. It is the performance of the pizza oven that will matter most, of course, but the other factors are of equal importance.
Modern kitchens are going back to the basics to get the best of traditional cooking techniques. Adding a wood-fired pizza oven to an outdoor kitchen is no different. Modern pizza ovens are a perfect balance of classic and contemporary, with the best of design and technology to achieve traditional flavors.
They are smaller than brick ovens. Yet, by using wood (and often charcoal) as fuel, they infuse the authentic smokiness into every pizza – or any dish cooked in them! So, if you love cooking pizzas, it’s time to install a wood-fired oven in your outdoor kitchen – and become the talk of the neighborhood!