Do you love pizza? Do you love making it in your own kitchen? Then you need to have a lot of knowledge about making it right. Along with that, you will also need a lot of kitchen tools for making it the right way. One of such important tools is a pizza peel. Even if you know how to make the right pizza, you will not be able to do it without a pizza peel as this tool is going to help you in transferring the pizza from the worktop to the pizza oven and from the oven to the serving plate.
Pizza peel will help you in transferring the pizza from one place to another without breaking it. Not many people are aware of the right way to use a pizza peel. If you are also one among those, then this article is for you. Here you are going to learn how to use a pizza peel in the right way.
Let us get started…
It needs a lot of practice at the beginning in order to use a pizza peel. So, once you read this article, you need to start practicing it you get it right.
- In the first step, you need to make dough for your pizza base and start stretching it or spreading it. Start doing it on your worktop till you get the desired size.
- Now take the pizza peel and dust it with all-purpose flour. You should lift the pizza with the pizza peel.
- Once it is on the pizza peel, it will definitely shrink and hence you need to stretch the dough once again to get the desired size.
- Now, you need to add sauce, toppings, cheese and all other ingredients that you want to use in your pizza.
- Do not let the sauce to fall the peel as that can make the pizza stick to the pizza peel.
- Now the real work starts when you are trying to place the pizza in the oven. All you need to do is just open the oven and try placing the pizza on the pizza stone with some back and forth action till the pizza is dropped on the pizza stone.
- Keep checking the angle of your pizza peel to make sure that the pizza toppings are not falling down.
- Now you need to close the door of the pizza oven and the pizza will get ready in a few minutes.
- Once the pizza is cooked, the process of removing it from the pizza oven is not going to be really a tough job as it is already cooked and there is nothing that can go wrong except the entire pizza falling down.
One important thing to keep in mind when you are placing the pizza in the pizza oven is you need to keep your action smooth and swift. If you are shaking it too much, then the size or the shape of the pizza will be spoiled. A quick drop can ensure the size and shape of the pizza without any worries.
Some important tips that can stop the dough from sticking to the pizza peel
- Using a wooden pizza peel is one of the best ideas as the dough can stick to the metal pizza peel quickly. There are a number of wooden pizza peel options available in the market and you can pick one.
- Do not place the dough on the peel and start stretching it. Spreading and stretching should be done only on the worktop and not on the peel.
- When you are dusting the pizza peel before you lift the pizza from the worktop, you need to be extra careful. That means you should add enough flour to the peel. It is a great idea if you can take flour and semolina in equal quantities and dust the pizza peel. Semolina is basically small balls like thing and hence it helps in easy sliding of the pizza.
- You should also be careful when you are adding toppings to the pizza. Adding more than required can make the pizza overloaded and overweight as well. So, just make sure you add just as much as required.
- When you are leaving the pizza on the pizza peel for a long time, then there are chances that the flour on the pizza peel will absorb the water from the dough and that will in turn cause it to stick to the pizza peel. So, you need to be quick in placing it in an oven after removing it from the worktop.
- The dough should always be maintained at room temperature in order to avoid any problem.
- If you are using a metal pizza peel, then make sure that it is not completely cold as that can have moisture on it. You can try to heat the pizza peel slightly before you are actually using it.
It is not going to be really tough if you are practicing it. You can use a folded towel at the beginning of practicing this. Just fold it and place it on the pizza peel. Now try practicing how to place the pizza on the pizza stone in one quick go. This can be tough at the beginning, but practicing can make you a pro. When you think, you are doing better, then you can try just with the stretched dough and no toppings. This will also help you a lot.
One important thing to keep in mind when you are practicing is you need to make sure that the stone or the place of practicing is at the same height as the original height of the oven is going to be. This way you can become an expert in making pizza at home. So, get your pizza peel today and start practicing now.